January 10, 2011

Weekend Cupcake Madness!

This weekend, I helped to celebrate the beginning of motherhood for a very close friend of mine. My friend Tara will be adoping a child soon. It's the first for her and her husband and they are very excited for their little man, Liam, to join the world! On the agenda for the weekend shin-dig: cupcakes! .....I've never really made any cute cupcakes for people before, so this was my first attempt. I made some vanilla and some chocolate - adding some vanilla flavoring to the cake mix to make them a little more tasty and homemade. :) That is my type of homemade. On Saturday I made the cupcakes and on Sunday I iced them (with the help of the mother-to-be). A few months ago I was shopping online and found some cute cupcake toppers that went with her jungle theme. Here are the end results of the cupcakes (I must say I'm very proud!!!!):


The Cupcakes

Giraffe!
Lion (he's my favorite!)









No comments: