January 01, 2011

A New Year.....A New Beginning

The beginning of the year marks people's attempts to make resolutions in order to change some aspects of their life they are not happy about. My 2011 year will mark many changes in my life. I decided to start a blog to track those changes, whether victorious or not. I haven't been happy for a long time, in my personal or professional life, but I want to work my hardest to achieve happiness for myself.

In order to achieve this, these are the things I need to accomplish (in no specific order):
1. Lose about 30 lbs - I think people judge you and reject you based on a few extra pounds. Actually I don't think, I know for certain. I've been completely beat down because of my weight by others, and more so by myself. I'm done feeling horrible about myself. I'm the one in charge and I know this is what I need to do to gain happiness for myself. I just look in the mirror and wonder where I made the wrong turn in my weightloss journey. I lost motivation somewhere, but after 2010's year as a whole - I'm ready to take the bull by the horns.

2. Find a new job - I have been working for the same medical company for 7 years now, and have only moved up to an Administrative Assistant (nevermind the fact that I happen to have a Bachelors Degree in Interpersonal Communication). Though the years I've realized my real passion is Event Planning (aka weddings, holiday parties, conferences, etc). If I could find something along those lines, even at the bottom of the totem pole - I know I'd be much happier than pushing papers around a desk! I'm just not challenged anymore and I know I'm so much smarter than being someone's secretary. It may sound cocky, but it's true.  

3. Get closer to God - 2010 marked my first real relationship with God. I got involved in church again after a long hiatis. During those years of hiatis, I never lost my belief in God, but I definately did not want a relationship with him. I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and nobody was going to stop me. That road was paved with a ton of heartache. But, you live and you learn. So after about a year of picking myself back up, I joined a few bible studies, started going to church regularly, and even began reading the Bible. I have met some amazing people, and I feel lifelong friends. I want to put all my trust in God and know that whatever happens, it's because he has his hands in it and he thinks it's best. I'm kind of a control freak, so this may be the hugest struggle for me. I just don't to wallow in my self-pity anymore.

So, there you have it. This is what I want to accomplish in 2011.

Sidenote: The blog I titled The Patchworks of Life because life has many different patches. Some good, some bad, some exciting, some scary, and some very dishearting. It takes all those experiences (patchworks) to make you into the person you are. You piece all those aspects of life together, and by the end you have the most amazing quilt. Hence the background, too ;)

No comments: