February 04, 2011

Whoa, ice storm!

Geez, I haven't updated in a while. I blame it on the lousy weather and my grouchy attitude lately. This week here in Indiana we had a lovely ice storm....complete with 2 inches of ice and then snow, and wind gusts of up to 40 mph. It was fabulous *note the sarcasm*. I ended up staying home from work on Tuesday and Wednesday - as the news channel stated that if you are not essential staff, stay home from work. I didn't believe I was essential ;) ....plus I can handle snow, but driving on pure ice makes me a little nervous. My 30th b-day is coming up in March and I'd like to live to see it!

Wednesday I headed outside to start removing the ice from my car. At first I thought that I was never going to bust through the ice to even get inside my driver's side car door. It took me 15 minutes of beating the ice to get it to crack, chiseling away, and pulling on the car handle to finally get inside. I started up my car and then walked around beating the ice with my ice scrapper. I must have looked like a mad woman. .....Total of 45 minutes and only one fatality - my poor ice scrapper!



It's been a lovely week......BUT on a good note: I only had to work Monday, Thursday, and Friday....and my 2nd job for some reason gave me the whole weekend off so I'm gonna have a great weekend resting, getting things done, and enjoying some Super Bowl festivities! :)

No comments: