February 17, 2011

OMGosh moments....

This week has been full of OMGosh moments. Take today for instance, someone walks into the office and rattles off a name and is like 'I'm here to meet with Darcy about community service'. I look at him and say, 'there is no Darcy and we do not do community service here - this is CMS - we're a medical company'. He then goes on mumbling something about talking to someone. After telling him a few times that this is not the suite he wants, I directed him to go downstairs to the directory and all the companies are listed. Then he goes to leave and instead of pushing on the door he keeps pulling on the handle and starts getting frustrated. I finally said - push please - and he was like "Oh....*mumble, mumble, mumble*". At no point in any of this conversation did this gentleman, who I believe to be under the influence of something, say thank you. OMGosh people are so rude and seriously not smart at all. I mean - if I were going to go somewhere I would make sure I knew who I spoke to, where they were located, etc. ....But I should not be shocked by this instance as this is a weekly occurance. Not from this gentleman but from all the people who walk into this building, somehow find their way to the 5th floor, and come to me like I'm the building directory. I've had people come in here and ask to use my cell phone. Ask for cigarettes (of which I do not smoke), and even have the audacity to ask for money. WTH? On days like today I'm forced to shake my head and sigh heavily....

Another OMGosh moment this week .....My friends have been telling me a certain someone has a crush on me. This always happens to me. It's always the ones you don't like that just happen to like you. He seems like a nice guy but he is totally not someone I would date for various reasons. They are not shallow reasons, but I know what I want and I'm not going to settle for less. I was hoping that they had it all wrong and my name was showing up in conversation over and over just because.....but instead it became obvious when this fellow started texting me. Sigh. I don't mind being a friend to someone, but I have this feeling he's got his mind on more and I just want to cry because I hate hurting people. Rejection is never fun. I'm hoping this this situation just passes me by but OMGosh why does this keep happening to me?

No comments: