February 20, 2011

Whew, what a weekend!

This weekend flew by. I had my stupid stunt on Friday, which I feel a little better about. I just need to focus on what's best for me and try to talk myself out of being that stupid ever again......

Friday afternoon I picked the little brother up from the bus stop. Our parents went out of town for the weekend to celebrate their 10th anniversary, so it was my duty as the big sister to watch him and be a single parent for the weekend. Wow do I have the upmost respect for a single parent now. It was pretty exhausting. Worrying about me and then worrying about him - and keeping him entertained.....Props to all who do it. It wasn't that rough, but it was definately a task to keep the little guy busy!

Friday night we went to my friend's house for bible study. We ate dinner, my little brother played with his toys, and we had bible study. One of our friends is a music teacher and his percussion section was putting on a little preview concert that evening - so we went after our bible study was completed. I know my little brother really enjoyed that - as he was bopping his head along ;)

Saturday he woke me up at 630 am (ugh) and we ate breakfast, got ready for the day, and headed over to my friend Autumn's house for a Pampered Chef party. After the party my friend Autumn, my other friend Jenni, my little brother, and I went to watch Gnomeo and Juliet. It was absolutely adorable! Such a cute kids movie - and an extra bonus: Elton John music! ......Ba,Ba,Ba, Bennie and the Jets..... ;)

Saturday evening all 4 of us headed back to my parents house and ate pizza and then once my little brother went to bed, us girls enjoyed an evening of chick flicks and vegging out!! It was so needed and I'm so thankful for these amazing friends that God has put into my life. They left around midnight and I fell asleep after, to be awoken around 7am this morning. My little bro and I went to church, then out to eat with my friends....and now he's home with Mommy and Daddy after a fun-filled weekend with his sister.

I really enjoyed his company this weekend. He hardly gave me any problems, as he's a very well behaved kid. I was thinking during church today how much my life has changed from a year ago .....and a year ago is when I first started getting into church again. I'm so incredibly thankful for everything and how God is working on my life. I can't wait to see what's next....... (and hopefully along the way I won't do stupid stuff to divert from what He wants).

No comments: